Face Shield with Ratchet-Type Headgear, Clear
Lightweight design for maximum comfort. WARNING! Not to be used for cutting or brazing.
Item #: 58605
UPC #: 032277586055
15-1/2" (393.7 millimeters) by 8" (203.2 millimeters)
clear grinding shield. Meets ANSI Z87.1 safety standards. Forney
Industries ITEM# 58608 is a replacement ratcheting-type headgear and
58603 is a replacement green shield.
- Lightweight design for maximum comfort
- Includes tough, non-warping polyethylene visor
- WARNING! NOT FOR CUTTING OR BRAZING
- Per CDC/NIOSH guidelines, disposable face shields for medical
personnel made of light weight films that are relatively flat or fit
loosely around the face should not be relied upon as optimal protection
and are often used in conjunction with other personal protective
- According to current ANSI standards, face shields are considered
secondary protection requiring the use of protective eyewear or goggles
as well. Since the shield does not fully enclose the face, protective
eyewear should also be worn to safeguard eyes.
- Face shield visors are NOT shatterproof. When large objects and/or
objects traveling at high rates of speed strike face shields, the visor
may break or become compromised and cause injury to the wearer’s face or
eyes. Workers should avoid areas where such hazards exist or use
extreme caution if they can’t be avoided entirely.
- Routinely check face shields for damage, and do not wear a face shield that has sustained damage.
- Workers performing tasks in which flying sparks or particles are present should wear protection to shield their face and head.
- Visors/face shields do not reflect infrared heat (IR). They are not
recommended for use against radiant heat hazard including but not
limited to welding applications.